Robert De Niro to be Honoured With Chaplin Award
Image: Getty Images
New York: The Film Society of Lincoln Center has named veteran actor Robert De Niro as the recipient of its 44th annual Chaplin Award, which honors major industry talents.
De Niro will take home the 2017 trophy for a four-decade acting career that includes film credits like Mean Streets, Raging Bull, The Godfather and Silver Linings Playbook, reports variety.com.
He is also the co-founder of the Tribeca Film Festival, launched in the wake of 9/11 attack in an effort to boost the economic prospects of lower Manhattan.
De Niro will be honored by the Film Society at a springtime gala featuring notable guests and presenters as well as movie and interview footage drawn from De Niro's career.
He joins a list of previous Chaplin recipients that includes Alfred Hitchcock, Elizabeth Taylor, Meryl Streep, Billy Wilder and last year's honoree, Morgan Freeman.
The 44th annual Chaplin Award gala will take place on May 8, 2017.
Recommended For You
- ICC Still Open to Negotiate, Offers BCCI USD 390 Million
- Honor 8 Pro First Look: The 6GB RAM Competitor to OnePlus 3t
- FIFA Fines Brazil, Argentina, Mexico for Homophobic Chanting
- Remembering Vinod Khanna: 15 Films That Celebrate The Actor's Legacy
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users