Robert De Niro to be Honoured With Chaplin Award
Image: Getty Images
New York: The Film Society of Lincoln Center has named veteran actor Robert De Niro as the recipient of its 44th annual Chaplin Award, which honors major industry talents.
De Niro will take home the 2017 trophy for a four-decade acting career that includes film credits like Mean Streets, Raging Bull, The Godfather and Silver Linings Playbook, reports variety.com.
He is also the co-founder of the Tribeca Film Festival, launched in the wake of 9/11 attack in an effort to boost the economic prospects of lower Manhattan.
De Niro will be honored by the Film Society at a springtime gala featuring notable guests and presenters as well as movie and interview footage drawn from De Niro's career.
He joins a list of previous Chaplin recipients that includes Alfred Hitchcock, Elizabeth Taylor, Meryl Streep, Billy Wilder and last year's honoree, Morgan Freeman.
The 44th annual Chaplin Award gala will take place on May 8, 2017.
Recommended For You
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A Review: An Affordable Redmi 3S Facelift
- India Isn't Comfortable With Women Who Are Unapologetic About Their Sexuality: Swara Bhaskar
- Alia-Sidharth, Sonakshi-Bunty and Others Attend Anushka's Phillauri Special Screening
- Steven Smith Smitten by Picturesque Dharamsala Stadium