Romantic Hero Tag Bothered Shahid Kapoor Initially
I think Padmavati provides an amazing platform to play a romantic character and a lover again," Shahid said in a statement.
A file photo of Shahid Kapoor.
Mumbai: Shahid Kapoor says tag of a romantic hero bothered him initially but now he is fine with returning to the space.
The 36-year-old actor says in the beginning of his career he wanted to prove that he has a lot more to him than a lover boy.
"In the beginning, I used to feel claustrophobic about being called a 'romantic hero' and the actor in me would retaliate violently saying, 'there's more to me than just being a cute boy. "Now that it's been 14 years and I have done all kinds of films, I enjoy getting back into a mould that people have liked me in. I think Padmavati provides an amazing platform to play a romantic character and a lover again," Shahid said in a statement.
In the Sanjay Leela Bhansali-directed movie, the actor essays the role of Raja Ratan Singh. He is paired opposite Deepika Padukone in the romantic period drama film, which also stars Ranveer Singh.
Recommended For You
- Axar Patel Replaces Ravindra Jadeja for the Last Two Australia ODIs
- Ola Outstation Review: Perfect Ride For Last Minute Weekend Plans
- Did India Make Fun of Aussie Batting Collapse in Third ODI?
- Kareena-Karisma, Khushi-Jhanvi Slay At The Ambani Bash
- Superman MS Dhoni Sets New Wicket-keeping Record in Indore