'Sarrainodu' collects Rs 22 crore on the opening day
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, the film also Rakul Preet Singh and Catherine Tresa alongside Allu Arjun.
Chennai: Allu Arjun-starrer Telugu actioner 'Sarrainodu' which, despite opening to mixed reviews, managed to collect a whopping Rs.22 crore on its first day worldwide, making it the best ever opening for the actor's film.
"The film has raked in Rs.22 crore on first day worldwide. While the critics may not have enjoyed the film, the masses seem to have loved it. The opening weekend numbers are very crucial and by Monday if there isn't a major drop, it's good from the business perspective," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, the film also stars Rakul Preet Singh and Catherine Tresa.
The film is also performing well at the box office overseas.
In North America, the film has crossed the half million dollars mark.
Produced by Geetha Arts, the film released in cinemas on April 22.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless