See You at The Cinemas On October 28: Karan Johar
A file photo of Karan Johar.
Mumbai: The brouhaha over the release of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, which features Pakistani actor Fawad Khan, does not seem to have dampened the spirits of filmmaker Karan Johar, who is bullish about adding sparkle to Diwali with the Bollywood entertainer.
Karan is yet to directly comment on the Cinema Owners and Exhibitors Association of India's (COEAI) decision to avoid screening Ae Dil Hai Mushkil in single screen theatres across Maharashtra, Goa and Gujarat. But in a Twitter response to a fan video, he wrote: "See you at the cinemas on the 28th of this month! #AeDilKiDiwali."
On Friday, COEAI said their decision has been taken considering the patriotic sentiments of the country amid tensions between India and Pakistan following the September 18 terror attack which killed Indian soldiers.
The attack and its aftermath had a spill over into the entertainment worlds of both countries, and while some outfits are resisting the release of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, its makers have maintained the movie will release as scheduled on October 28 -- two days before the festival of lights, Diwali.
Directed and produced by Karan under his home banner Dharma Productions, the movie about unrequited love, stars Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan apart from Fawad.
Apoorva Mehta, CEO, Dharma Productions, said in a statement: "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil has been cleared by the censor board and we are gearing up for its release on October 28. Diwali is all about love and 'Ae Dil...' is all about spreading love."
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- TOUGH TESTJunior Hockey World Cup: India Look to Carry Momentum Against England
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team