Shekhar Kapoor Invited to be the Chairman of Macau Film Festival
A file photo of Shekhar Kapoor
London Renowned filmmaker Shekhar Kapur says he is excited to get an invitation to be the chairman of the Macau Film Festival.
The director of critically acclaimed films like Masoom, Bandit Queen and Elizabeth also said that he sees the opportunity as a bridge between India and China.
"In this Asian century, super excited to be invited to be Chairman of Macau Film Festival. To be the bridge between Indian and Chinese culture," Kapur tweeted on Friday.
In this Asian Century super excited 2 be invited to be Chairman of Macau Film Festival. To be the bridge between Indian and Chinese culture.
— Shekhar Kapur (@shekharkapur) October 14, 2016
Kapur, who gave birth to Bollywood's invisible man through Mr. India, didn't reveal any other details pertaining to the festival.
However, a new international film festival is coming to Macau. The first International Film Festival Macao (IFFM) will be held from December 8-14.
It is not clear if Kapur will be associated with this fest or some other event.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte