Silly to Have Advertised My Chevalier Award: Kamal Haasan
A file photo of Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, who has been conferred the coveted Chevalier de L'Ordre Arts et Letters (The Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the French government, says it was "silly" of him to have advertised the award.
"Indian scholars have received two Chevaliers and don't advertise it. Between humility and fame, silly me chose latter. Thank you friends and fans," Haasan wrote on his Twitter page on Tuesday.
Indian scholars have received 2 Chevaliers and don't advertise it. Between humility & fame silly me chose latter. Thank you friends and fans
— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) August 23, 2016
Upon being chosen for the award, Haasan said he'd like to dedicate it to his admirers and audiences.
Thanking his teachers and admirers, he said: "With motherly care, they have applauded my every little step forward. The melancholy of my parents not being alive to see this day is allied by the fact the elders and the young in my family are around to enjoy it."
Meanwhile, the South Indian Artistes Association also known as Nadigar Sangam is planning a grand event to celebrate the prestigious honour bestowed on Haasan.
In a statement, the Sangam confirmed that an event is going to b organized to felicitate the National award-winning actor.
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18