Silly to Have Advertised My Chevalier Award: Kamal Haasan
A file photo of Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, who has been conferred the coveted Chevalier de L'Ordre Arts et Letters (The Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the French government, says it was "silly" of him to have advertised the award.
"Indian scholars have received two Chevaliers and don't advertise it. Between humility and fame, silly me chose latter. Thank you friends and fans," Haasan wrote on his Twitter page on Tuesday.
Indian scholars have received 2 Chevaliers and don't advertise it. Between humility & fame silly me chose latter. Thank you friends and fans
— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) August 23, 2016
Upon being chosen for the award, Haasan said he'd like to dedicate it to his admirers and audiences.
Thanking his teachers and admirers, he said: "With motherly care, they have applauded my every little step forward. The melancholy of my parents not being alive to see this day is allied by the fact the elders and the young in my family are around to enjoy it."
Meanwhile, the South Indian Artistes Association also known as Nadigar Sangam is planning a grand event to celebrate the prestigious honour bestowed on Haasan.
In a statement, the Sangam confirmed that an event is going to b organized to felicitate the National award-winning actor.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- RIPJayalalithaa the Actor: Films That Mirrored Her Versatility