Silly to Have Advertised My Chevalier Award: Kamal Haasan
pon being chosen for the award, Haasan said he'd like to dedicate it to his admirers and audiences.
A file photo of Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, who has been conferred the coveted Chevalier de L'Ordre Arts et Letters (The Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the French government, says it was "silly" of him to have advertised the award.
"Indian scholars have received two Chevaliers and don't advertise it. Between humility and fame, silly me chose latter. Thank you friends and fans," Haasan wrote on his Twitter page on Tuesday.
Indian scholars have received 2 Chevaliers and don't advertise it. Between humility & fame silly me chose latter. Thank you friends and fans
— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) August 23, 2016
Upon being chosen for the award, Haasan said he'd like to dedicate it to his admirers and audiences.
Thanking his teachers and admirers, he said: "With motherly care, they have applauded my every little step forward. The melancholy of my parents not being alive to see this day is allied by the fact the elders and the young in my family are around to enjoy it."
Meanwhile, the South Indian Artistes Association also known as Nadigar Sangam is planning a grand event to celebrate the prestigious honour bestowed on Haasan.
In a statement, the Sangam confirmed that an event is going to b organized to felicitate the National award-winning actor.
Recommended For You
- All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift First Drive Review: Everything Done Right
- Australian Open: Chung Hyeon Stuns Djokovic to Enter Quarter-finals
- Priyanka Chopra Has An Adorable Message For Malayalam Actress Bhavana On Her Wedding
- Jadeja and Umesh Catch Eye in Fun Filled Indian Training Session
- Urvashi Rautela Trolled For Sporting A Bold Black Outfit At Filmfare Awards 2018