Thank Vetrimaaran, Dhanush for letting me be part of 'Visaaranai': Samuthirakani
Actor-filmmaker Samuthirakani, who bagged the Best Supporting Actor National Film Award for his riveting performance in Tamil drama ‘Visaaranai’, says he feels honoured.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Samuthirakani, who bagged the Best Supporting Actor National Film Award for his riveting performance in Tamil drama ‘Visaaranai’, says he feels honoured.
‘This comes as a sweet surprise. I feel honoured, and I would like to thank director Vetrimaaran and producer Dhanush for giving me an opportunity to be part of this important film. Tamil cinema needs more such films,’ Samuthirakani told IANS.
‘Visaaranai’, on police brutality, also bagged two more awards for best Tamil film and best editing for late Kishore T.E.
Inspired from true events and partly based on the novel ‘Lock Up’, the film is about four immigrant workers who were wrongly pinned for a crime they never committed.
Samuthirakani said he would like to dedicate his award to his mentor, late filmmaker K. Balachander.
Recommended For You
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet