The School Bag: A Tale Heart-warming and Heartbreaking At The Same Time
Set in Peshawar, The School Bag is a tale heart-warming and heart-breaking at the same time. A six-year-old Farooq (Sartaj RK) comes back home from a friend's birthday party and wishes for a new school bag for his own birthday the next day. Much of film's running time focusses on his conversation with his mother (Rasika Dugal) wherein he requests her for the bag and then finally threatens to bunk school if she doesn't get him the bag.
The birthday morning arrives and an angry Farooq rushes to washroom ignoring his mother's pleas only to find to find the bag on his bed when he returns to the bedroom. By this time, you can almost guess that something bad is going to happen and even though you know what you've signed for, it's heartbreaking to see how the film ends.
With touching performances from both Rasika and Sartaaj, the short manages to juxtapose the warm mother-son bond with the atrocities of terror just perfectly.
Recommended For You
- Karun Nair to be Dropped for Test Series Against Sri Lanka?
- Maruti Suzuki Sells 1.07 Lakh Units of Alto in First 5 Months of 2017
- Jagga Jasoos Trailer: An Interesting Cocktail of Music, Thrill, and Comedy
- Niranjan Shah's Appointment Divides BCCI Panel on Lodha Reforms
- Steve Smith Gets Engaged as Battle With Cricket Australia Worsens