Tokyo Film Fest Honour for Irudhi Suttru Special: Sudha
A still from Irudhi Suttru.
Chennai: Director Sudha Kongara's last Tamil directorial Irudhi Suttrua, which stars R. Madhavan in the lead, has been selected for 29th Tokyo International Film Festival. She believes such an honour so early on in her career is very special.
The festival is slated to take place between October 25 and November 3.
"It really feels special to know that aIrudhi Suttru' has been selected to be screened at Tokyo film fest. I see this honour as an impetus to continue doing my good work," Sudha told IANS.
The film will be screened in the World Focus Section of the fest on October 31, November 1 and 2.
In Irudhi Suttru, Madhavan played a washed-up boxing coach who finds a champion in a fish-seller.
Sudha is currently busy shooting for Guru, the Telugu remake of Irudhi Suttrua, with Venkatesh in the lead.
Recommended For You
- Yuvraj Singh And MS Dhoni Hit Centuries, Twitter Explodes With Praise
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Officially Launched in India At a Starting Price of Rs 9,999
- Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: Shillong Choir, Gulzar Make Inaugural Session Memorable
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment