Veteran Actress Jyothi Lakshmi Passes Away at 63
A file photo of Jyothi Lakshmi
Chennai: Popular southern actress Jyothi Lakshmi passed away here on Tuesday at age 63. According to industry sources, she died away undergoing treatment for blood cancer.
"She was suffering from blood cancer for a while and had been undergoing a treatment. She passed away earlier this morning," an industry source told IANS.
Having made her cinematic debut with the 1963 Tamil film Periya Idathu Penn at the age of 10, she went on to star mostly in dance numbers and negative roles.
Jyothi starred in over 300 southern films, Telugu and Tamil films such as Pilla Pidagu, Bangara Babu and Gandharva Kanya.
Her last on-screen appearance was in last year's Tamil adult comedy Trisha Illana Nayanthara.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli & Co Smash World Record During Windies ODI
- Team India Coach: Mahela Jayawardene Says He is Not In the Race
- Honor 8 Pro vs OnePlus 5: What Their Dual-Camera Will Offer
- 12 of Bollywood's Eid Releases That Created Box Office Records
- Superstitious Yuvraj Wears Champions Trophy Jersey Against Windies