Veteran Actress Jyothi Lakshmi Passes Away at 63
Popular southern actress Jyothi Lakshmi passed away here on Tuesday at age 63.
A file photo of Jyothi Lakshmi
Chennai: Popular southern actress Jyothi Lakshmi passed away here on Tuesday at age 63. According to industry sources, she died away undergoing treatment for blood cancer.
"She was suffering from blood cancer for a while and had been undergoing a treatment. She passed away earlier this morning," an industry source told IANS.
Having made her cinematic debut with the 1963 Tamil film Periya Idathu Penn at the age of 10, she went on to star mostly in dance numbers and negative roles.
Jyothi starred in over 300 southern films, Telugu and Tamil films such as Pilla Pidagu, Bangara Babu and Gandharva Kanya.
Her last on-screen appearance was in last year's Tamil adult comedy Trisha Illana Nayanthara.
Recommended For You
- Sri Lanka vs India Preview: Under-scrutiny Kohli And India Take on Struggling Hosts
- Beating Cancer With Your Support
- Ralang Road Director Talks About the Film, Depiction of Minorities And More
- 'Traditional Yet Contemporary,' Say Falguni & Shane About Their Upcoming Collection
- Sachin, Sehwag, Big B & SRK Join Hands to Applaud Mithali Raj & Co