Veteran Actress Jyothi Lakshmi Passes Away at 63
Popular southern actress Jyothi Lakshmi passed away here on Tuesday at age 63.
A file photo of Jyothi Lakshmi
Chennai: Popular southern actress Jyothi Lakshmi passed away here on Tuesday at age 63. According to industry sources, she died away undergoing treatment for blood cancer.
"She was suffering from blood cancer for a while and had been undergoing a treatment. She passed away earlier this morning," an industry source told IANS.
Having made her cinematic debut with the 1963 Tamil film Periya Idathu Penn at the age of 10, she went on to star mostly in dance numbers and negative roles.
Jyothi starred in over 300 southern films, Telugu and Tamil films such as Pilla Pidagu, Bangara Babu and Gandharva Kanya.
Her last on-screen appearance was in last year's Tamil adult comedy Trisha Illana Nayanthara.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Is The Misogyny Served Worth Your Money?
- Now Showing: Masand's Verdict On Welcome To New York, Sonu Ke Tittu Ki Sweety & Three Billboards
- Udaipur Music Festival: Music, As Explained By The Artistes From Across The Globe
- Maldives Emergency : India Appears to be Losing Ground to China in the Indian Ocean | World In Flux
Recommended For You
- Sridevi Passes Away at the Age of 54
- Why 'Freely Available' Geospatial Data is Crucial For Development [An Insight]
- Watch Review: Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Is The Misogyny Served Worth Your Money?
- Raveena Tandon, Gauhar Khan, Other Bollywood Celebrities Slam Papon
- Mahira Khan Comes Out in Support of Javed Sheikh Over Kissing Controversy