Veteran Malayalam Actress Sreelatha Menon Passes Away
Thiruvananthapuram: Ailing former Malayalam actress Sreelatha Menon, suffering from a rare bone disease for long, passed away here on Friday night, her family said.
The 51-year-old -- known for films like Perumthachan and Kauthuka -- breathed her last at the state-run Medical College Hospital, where she was being treated.
Her husband passed away a few years back. The then Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in 2012 extended to her financial assistance and treatment after knowing about her medical condition surfaced. The Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes also chipped in.
A former Miss Trivandrum (1985), she acted in more than 20 films and over 200 TV serials.
She is survived by three children.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Bumrah Hits Out at Jaipur Police Ad Mocking Him
- BCCI Extends Timeline for Fresh Applications for Vacant Coach Job
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Watch: Tubelight Kid Matin Rey Tangu's Adorable Audition Footage