Veteran Malayalam Actress Sreelatha Menon Passes Away
Thiruvananthapuram: Ailing former Malayalam actress Sreelatha Menon, suffering from a rare bone disease for long, passed away here on Friday night, her family said.
The 51-year-old -- known for films like Perumthachan and Kauthuka -- breathed her last at the state-run Medical College Hospital, where she was being treated.
Her husband passed away a few years back. The then Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in 2012 extended to her financial assistance and treatment after knowing about her medical condition surfaced. The Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes also chipped in.
A former Miss Trivandrum (1985), she acted in more than 20 films and over 200 TV serials.
She is survived by three children.
Recommended For You
- Baba Ramdev's Dangal Dazzles Fans at PWL
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa Gets Married to Boyfriend Vikrant in The House, See Pics
- 'Virat Kohli Sacrificed Butter Chicken, Mutton Rolls For Quick Singles'
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment