Vikram Dubs in Telugu For Inkokkadu
A file photo of Vikram.
Chennai: Actor Vikram, who awaits the release of forthcoming Tamil action thriller Irumugan, has dubbed in his own voice for one of the two characters he essays in the film's dubbed Telugu version Inkokkadu.
In the film, Vikram plays two roles - a RAW agent called Akhil, and an eccentric scientist called Love.
"We had originally planned to use the dubbing artist who usually dubs for all Vikram's films in Telugu. However, we had difficulty finding a suitable voice for the character Love, and it's because it's a very different character. Even for the Tamil version, Vikram had to change his voice," film director Anand Shankar told IANS.
Since nobody's voice suited the role, Vikram decided to dub in his own voice.
"Vikram felt only he could bring the uniqueness to the character with his voice. Hence, he decided to dub for the Telugu version too. You don't find many actors willing to take such an effort," he said.
Also starring Nayanthara and Nithya Menen, the film is slated for release in cinemas on Thursday, and a day before outside India.
In US, Inkokkadu is being released via popular distribution company CineGalaxy Inc.
Recommended For You
- MOTIVATIONI Motivate Myself Talking to Shami and Bhuvneshwar: Mohit Sharma
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Adventure AwaitsDuckTales Reboot: Disney XD Confirms Return of Classic Series