Vikram Dubs in Telugu For Inkokkadu
A file photo of Vikram.
Chennai: Actor Vikram, who awaits the release of forthcoming Tamil action thriller Irumugan, has dubbed in his own voice for one of the two characters he essays in the film's dubbed Telugu version Inkokkadu.
In the film, Vikram plays two roles - a RAW agent called Akhil, and an eccentric scientist called Love.
"We had originally planned to use the dubbing artist who usually dubs for all Vikram's films in Telugu. However, we had difficulty finding a suitable voice for the character Love, and it's because it's a very different character. Even for the Tamil version, Vikram had to change his voice," film director Anand Shankar told IANS.
Since nobody's voice suited the role, Vikram decided to dub in his own voice.
"Vikram felt only he could bring the uniqueness to the character with his voice. Hence, he decided to dub for the Telugu version too. You don't find many actors willing to take such an effort," he said.
Also starring Nayanthara and Nithya Menen, the film is slated for release in cinemas on Thursday, and a day before outside India.
In US, Inkokkadu is being released via popular distribution company CineGalaxy Inc.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Uthappa and Gambhir Demolish Daredevils in Kolkata
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- BCCI & COA Divided on Champions Trophy Pull Out After ICC Snub
- Baahubali 2 Breaks Dangal's Record; 1 Million Advanced Tickets Booked
- Katrina Looks Smoking Hot In Her Latest Photoshoot, See Pic