Was Too Absent From My First Marriage: Michael Douglas
Image: Getty Images
London: Actor Michael Douglas says he was "too absent" at the time of his first marriage with wife Diandra Luker.
The 72-year-old Hollywood icon has revealed that he was not as close to his film producer ex-wife as he is to his current spouse Catherine Zeta-Jones, reported Femalefirst.
"I was too absent from my first marriage. Second time round, I'm so much more hands-on. By the time Dylan and then Carys were born, I was well ensconced in my career.
"They both want to be actors and Catherine and I have seen enough of them on stage to know they have got it. You'll be hearing from another generation of Douglas'. I've no doubt about it," he said.
Douglas, who has a 37-year-old son with Luker, said sometimes unhappy marriages stay for too long because of the kids.
"A lot of marriages hang on too long for the sake of the children. But, if you start asking questions when they are older, those children will often tell you that you could have cut the tension with a knife when their parents were together and that divorce was rather like letting the air out of a balloon," he said.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa Gets Married to Boyfriend Vikrant in The House, See Pics
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 vs Lenovo P2 vs Honor 6X vs Vivo V5 Plus: All You Need to Know
- Alia Bhatt Looks Adorable Dressed As Kareena Kapoor Khan From Jab We Met
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment