We're Too Close To Be Enemies: Nimrat Kaur On Pakistani Actors' Ban In India
Hailing from the army background herself, she said that she has seen the worst side of it.
Image: Instagram/ Nimrat Kaur
Amid the ongoing debate on the ban on Pakistani artistes,the Bollywood celebrities seem to be divided.
The debate on whether Pakistani actors should be allowed to work here after the Uri attack or not doesn't seem to die down and the recent ban on Karan Johar's Ae Dil Hai Mushkil has further aggravated the issue.
The latest actor to join the debate is Nimrat Kaur. When asked about the issue at the ongoing Amazon India Fashion Week, Nimrat said, "As an artist, it feels really bad but at the same time our government's decision is the first and the foremost".
Hailing from the army background herself, she said that she has seen the worst side of it. "As a military kid, I've seen the worst side of it. So I know that its a very sad situation".
"I just hope and pray that the situation is tackled soon. We're too close to be enemies", she added.
This move of banning the film comes after the single screen owners asked its members to refrain from screening movies involving Pakistani artists and technicians.
Recommended For You
- JioPhone First Impressions Video Review
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire vs Tata Nexon SUV – Which One to Buy Under Rs 6 Lakhs?
- Hardik Pandya Impresses 'The Wall' Rahul Dravid With Mature Approach
- On Dev Anand's 94th Birth Anniversary, Let's Celebrate 10 Of His Best Acts
- Dean Jones, Brad Hogg Smash Property at a Cafe