When Amrita Puri Fell Into Depression For a Week
A still from her upcoming TV series. Image: Instagram/ Amrita puri
Mumbai: Actress Amrita Puri, who will next be seen in filmmaker Nikhil Advani's upcoming TV series P.O.W - Bandi Yuddh Ke, says her role in the show put her into depression for one week.
In the show, Amrita will be seen as Harleen, wife of Naib Subedar Sartaj Singh, waiting for the past 17 years for her husband who is missing in action after the Kargil War.
"It's a difficult role as Harleen has a lot of baggage. She has been waiting for her husband for 17 long years. She takes care of her husband's family in his absence ignoring her pain. I don't think anyone can ever understand that emotion as it is not an usual experience," Amrita said in a statement.
"The complexity of the character, her emotions challenge me as an actress. While getting into the shoes of Harleen, I fell into depression for a week after playing some intense emotional scenes on the sets. I had to take a detox break to come out of it," she added.
The drama will also feature Sandhya Mridul, Purab Kohli and Satyadeep Mishra.
P.O.W - Bandi Yuddh Ke, which will be aired on Star Plus starting from November 7, is an Indian adaptation of the Israeli TV drama Hatufim. It will present the story of two missing-in-action soldiers who return home after 17 years.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video