Will Beat up Mahesh Bhatt, Karan Johar if They Employ Pak Artists: MNS
Karan Johar (R) and Fawad Khan. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena has given open threat to filmmakers Karan Johar and Mahesh Bhatt for supporting and employing Pakistani artists. The political party is holding a firm stand on their previous decision of protesting against Pak artists and the films they are featuring in.
After Uri Attacks, MNS issued an ultimatum to all Pak artists to leave India within 48 hours. They had also asked the makers of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Raees to remove Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan from the film.
MNS Leader Amay Khopker says, "We haven't changed our stance against films featuring Pak artists. We will beat up anyone who tries to employ them be it Mahesh Bhatt or Karan Johar."
"We will not allow these films (Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Raees) to release even if we have to go to jail."
The news isn't too good for Karan Johar whose film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil is set to release this month. IMPPA officials had a closed door meeting with Shalini Thackeray, working president of Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena, to discuss the issue of release of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil but the party didn't budge.
The party has also asked Multiplex owners to release the films featuring Pakistani artists at their own peril. The Multiplex Association is set to have a meeting on this issue by the end of this week.
However, the government has come out in support of the filmmakers and the artist, saying that whoever is living and working in India lawfully will get all security.
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly