Women-centric Films Not Conscious Decision: Vidya Balan
Known for playing strong female protagonists in most of her films, actor Vidya Balan says it has never been a conscious decision to do so.
File photo of Bollywood actress Vidya Balan.
Kolkata: Known for playing strong female protagonists in most of her films, actor Vidya Balan says it has never been a conscious decision to do so.
"I am the centre of universe for me and I am a woman. So women-centric films veer towards me and I veer towards them. I am very happy with the roles I have been getting but it was never a conscious decision," Vidya told reporters here. She will soon be seen in Kahaani 2 in the second instalment of the 2012 hit film Kahaani.
"It is not a sequel. We are trying to take the genre of Kahaani forward. It is a different story. For us a good story and good storytelling is Kahaani," director Sujoy Ghosh said.
Besides Vidya, the film, which is releasing December 2, also features actor Arjun Rampal as a cop. The actor said her character in the film looks simple but is complicated.
"I like such characters who are unpredictable and unreadable," she said. On how they planned the second instalment of Kahaani Vidya said she had thought of another film with Sujoy Ghosh but it didn't work out. "Initially, I said why should we make Kahaani 2 but then later on when this script came I realised if there was a second film it had to be this one. I was completely convinced that this is the story we want to make a film on," The Dirty Picture actress said.
Recommended For You
- PadMan Becomes The First Indian Movie To Achieve This Incredible Feat, Thanks To Twinkle Khanna
- Virat Kohli Surprised Me by Not Picking Bhuvneshwar and Rahane: Michael Holding
- Trade Analyst Komal Nahta Calls SC Decision On Padmaavat A Slap On Government's Face
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods