Singer Bhupen Hazarika's condition worsens
Sources said that Bhupen Hazarika had developed Pneumonia around Diwali.
New Delhi: Music maestro Bhupen Hazarika condition has worsened, sources claimed on Wednesday, adding that he developed Pneumonia around Diwali.
They said that after developing Pneumonia, Bhupen underwent a surgery.
Sources also said that he had been put on dialysis as both his kidneys have failed.
The 85-year-old was hospitalised in June after he suffered breathing problems.
Hazarika is a noted poet, music composer, singer, actor, journalist, author and filmmaker and has been decorated with several prestigious awards including Dadasaheb Phalke Award, Padma Bhushan and Sangeet-Natak Academy Ratna award.
With additional information from PTI
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India