DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Singer Bhupen Hazarika's condition worsens
Sources said that Bhupen Hazarika had developed Pneumonia around Diwali.
New Delhi: Music maestro Bhupen Hazarika condition has worsened, sources claimed on Wednesday, adding that he developed Pneumonia around Diwali.
They said that after developing Pneumonia, Bhupen underwent a surgery.
Sources also said that he had been put on dialysis as both his kidneys have failed.
The 85-year-old was hospitalised in June after he suffered breathing problems.
Hazarika is a noted poet, music composer, singer, actor, journalist, author and filmmaker and has been decorated with several prestigious awards including Dadasaheb Phalke Award, Padma Bhushan and Sangeet-Natak Academy Ratna award.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi