Singer Bhupen Hazarika's condition worsens
Sources said that Bhupen Hazarika had developed Pneumonia around Diwali.
New Delhi: Music maestro Bhupen Hazarika condition has worsened, sources claimed on Wednesday, adding that he developed Pneumonia around Diwali.
They said that after developing Pneumonia, Bhupen underwent a surgery.
Sources also said that he had been put on dialysis as both his kidneys have failed.
The 85-year-old was hospitalised in June after he suffered breathing problems.
Hazarika is a noted poet, music composer, singer, actor, journalist, author and filmmaker and has been decorated with several prestigious awards including Dadasaheb Phalke Award, Padma Bhushan and Sangeet-Natak Academy Ratna award.
With additional information from PTI
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President
- 'Upbeat West Indies Test side not impacted by bad results'
- Pakistan Court Releases 3 'R&AW Agents' For Lack of Evidence
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar