Asha Bhosle gets Akshaya Mohanty Samman
Asha Bhosle been selected for the prestigious Akshaya Mohanty Samman for 2011.
Bhubaneswar: Playback singer Asha Bhosle, whose melodies have enchanted several generations of music lovers in the country, has been selected for the prestigious Akshaya Mohanty Samman for 2011 in recognition of her outstanding contribution in the field of music.
The award comprising a cash prize of Rs one lakh and a letter of appreciation would be presented at a function here on October 12, the birth anniversary of legendary Oriya singer and musician Akshaya Mohanty.
This was announced today by Akashya Mohanty Foundation, which gives the award. Earlier recipients of the honour included Manna Dey, Gulzar and Ilaiya Raaja.
Born on September 8, 1933, Asha is one of the best-known and most highly-regarded Hindi playback singers in India. She has done playback singing for over a thousand Bollywood movies and has recorded several private albums.
Asha, sister of renowned singer Lata Mangeshkar, and participated in numerous solo concerts in India and abroad.
Apart from Hindi, she has sung in over 18 vernacular and foreign languages.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone