Beyonce slammed by PETA for ordering animal skin shoes
Beyonce Knowles has come under fire from PETA for ordering shoes made of exotic animal skins.
Los Angeles: R&B star Beyonce Knowles has come under fire from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for ordering shoes made of exotic animal skins.
The footwear is made by Perfectly Made Kicks (PMK) specifically for the Destiny's Child member. Nicknamed 'King Bey', the white sneaker wedge design features skins from at least five different animals such as stingray, anaconda,
ostrich, crocodile and calf, reported Aceshowbiz.
"These custom-made kicks come with a high price - and it's paid by the various animals who were beaten and skinned alive or cruelly farmed and killed. Although most people aren't as familiar with the types of animals (snakes, stingrays, crocodiles, and ostriches) killed for this single pair of sneakers, these animals are highly sensitive living beings who try hard to avoid capture and suffer enormously when trapped, netted, speared, and skinned alive," PETA
PMK is Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z's favorite brand for sneaker. Last year, a pair of shoes dubbed the Brooklyn Zoo made of boa, crocodile, ostrich and other exotic animals were designed specifically for him.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology