DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Coldplay to perform at 2012 Olympics?
Singers Joss Stone, Muse and Damon Albarn might also perform for the opening ceremony
Rock band Coldplay might perform at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics to be held in London.
The prestigious sports event is slated for July 27-Aug 12, 2012, and Coldplay is at the top of the organiser's wish-list of acts for the opening gala, reports contactmusic.com.
"Coldplay are the biggest stadium rockers in Britain today, and their style of anthemic music would be perfect for the Olympics. (The opening song) needs to be something inspirational. The hope is that they would perform at the opening ceremony, as well as produce a recording of the track, which could help fund good causes in British sport," said a source.
Singers Joss Stone, Muse and Damon Albarn are also in the running to join a star-studded line-up at the launch of the event.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?