'Gangnam Style': 7 ridiculously bad performances
No Korean language skills are needed to enjoy the massively entertaining performer's crazy horse-riding dance.
New Delhi: South Korean rapper PSY's 'Gangnam Style' video has 300 million YouTube views and counting, and it's easy to see why. No Korean language skills are needed to enjoy the chubby, massively entertaining performer's crazy horse-riding dance, the song's addictive chorus and the video's exquisitely odd series of misadventures.
Beneath the antic, funny surface of his world-conquering song, however, is a sharp social commentary about the country's newly rich and Gangnam, the affluent district where many of them live. Gangnam is only a small slice of Seoul, but it inspires a complicated mixture of desire, envy and bitterness.
It has been parodied and copied several times. Here's a look at seven really bad renditions of 'Gangnam Style'.
Thai Royal Navy's 'Gangnam Style'
Novak Djokovic dancing 'Gangnam Style'
Chris Gayle's 'Gangnam Style'
West Indies celebrating Gangnam Style After beating SriLanka
Kevin Pietersen 'Gangnam Style'
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone