DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Have you visited the 'Allah-Rakha Rahman st' in Canada yet?
A street in Canada is named after AR Rahman. He has been honoured for his contribution to the world of music.
New Delhi: AR Rahman's music is remembered throughout the world for its charm and variety, but now, even his name will be remembered as a road's name. A street in Markham, Ontario, Canada is named after him. It will be called 'Allah-Rakha Rahman st'.
AR Rahman, who is also known as the Mozart of Madras, has been honoured for his contribution to the world of music and arts.
He is one of the few Indians to have won two Grammy awards and two Academy Awards, yet he retains the humility of a common man.
The music maestro made history when he became the first Indian to win two Oscars in a year, 2009, for Danny Boyle's 'Slumdog Millionaire', the rags-to-riches story of a Mumbai slum-dweller. Rahman had also bagged two awards at the 52nd Annual Grammy for his song 'Jai ho' from the same film.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO