Jagjit Singh is the most googled ghazal singer
Late ghazal maestro Jagjit Singh has topped a list of popular singers of the genre.
New Delhi: Late ghazal maestro Jagjit Singh, whose 72nd birth anniversary is Friday, has topped a list of popular singers of the genre. According to Google Search Trends, Jagjit Singh was people's first choice - both in India and abroad, when it came to songs, lyrics, and mp3s of ghazals.
Globally, the Indian subcontinent searches the highest for Jagjit Singh, followed by Pakistan, Bangladesh and United Arab Emirates.
In India, netizens of Ludhiana, Bhopal and Indore search the most for queries related to Jagjit Singh, best remembered for numbers like 'Jhuki jhuki si nazar', 'Tum itna jo', 'Koi ye kaise bataye', 'Yeh tera ghar yeh mera ghar', 'Tumko dekha toh yeh khayaal', 'Kaagaz ki kashti', 'Hoshwalon ko khabar kya', 'Koi fariyaad' and 'Chitthi na koi sandesh'.
He died Oct 10, 2011, following brain haemorrhage.
Singer Pankaj Udhas takes the second place in his online popularity in India, whereas Pakistani ghazal ace Ghulam Ali is number two on the popularity chart worldwide.
Jagjit Singh beats Pankaj Udhas to become the most searched ghazal singer on google
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer