Jagjit Singh is the most googled ghazal singer
Late ghazal maestro Jagjit Singh has topped a list of popular singers of the genre.
New Delhi: Late ghazal maestro Jagjit Singh, whose 72nd birth anniversary is Friday, has topped a list of popular singers of the genre. According to Google Search Trends, Jagjit Singh was people's first choice - both in India and abroad, when it came to songs, lyrics, and mp3s of ghazals.
Globally, the Indian subcontinent searches the highest for Jagjit Singh, followed by Pakistan, Bangladesh and United Arab Emirates.
In India, netizens of Ludhiana, Bhopal and Indore search the most for queries related to Jagjit Singh, best remembered for numbers like 'Jhuki jhuki si nazar', 'Tum itna jo', 'Koi ye kaise bataye', 'Yeh tera ghar yeh mera ghar', 'Tumko dekha toh yeh khayaal', 'Kaagaz ki kashti', 'Hoshwalon ko khabar kya', 'Koi fariyaad' and 'Chitthi na koi sandesh'.
He died Oct 10, 2011, following brain haemorrhage.
Singer Pankaj Udhas takes the second place in his online popularity in India, whereas Pakistani ghazal ace Ghulam Ali is number two on the popularity chart worldwide.
Jagjit Singh beats Pankaj Udhas to become the most searched ghazal singer on google
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines