Lata Mangeshkar launches her music label
After seven decades of a luminous career, legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar has launched her 'LM MUSIC' label.
Mumbai: After seven decades of a luminous career, legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar has launched her 'LM MUSIC' label in an effort to create music that inspires her.
The flagship label was launched in Mumbai last night by the melody queen herself, alongwith veteran musician Pt Jasraj, Neeta Ambani and Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
"With changes taking place in the music scenario and with the focus on melody gradually fading away, I have reduced work in films. All through my career I wished to do more non-film recordings but due to film commitments, I couldn't," Mangeshkar said.
It was because of the challenges music labels face that the 83-year-old singer thought of coming out with her own music label.
"In recent years music industry has faced some challenges and existing music labels have been less forthcoming in releasing non-film albums. The few that were made faced many restrictions of content, disparate views on market acceptability, lack of promotion, awareness and thus availability," she said.
"This situation caused concern and has led to the genesis of LM Music. With this, it is our foray into a venture that will give us unfettered creativity and satisfaction by producing albums that I believe in," she added.
LM Music has been launched with the release of six new albums which are a mix of Sufi and spirituality.
The dignitaries who attended the launch were all praises for the veteran singer.
"For generations Lata Mangeshkar has been a guru. There is no one today who has contributed so much to music. I can very well say she is the eighth wonder of the world," Pt Jasraj said.
"My best wishes to LM Music and I wish the company also becomes a precious stone like Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar," Bachchan said.
Bollywood celebrities like Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Madhur Bhandarker, Alka Yagnik and others were also present on the occasion.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump's Sniffles Had Internet Choking