Music has healing powers: Paul McCartney
Beatles legend Paul McCartney believes in the healing power of music and says an Elvis Presley song once cured his headache.
London: Beatles legend Paul McCartney believes in the healing power of music and says an Elvis Presley song once cured his headache. The 70-year-old singer said songs have a powerful effect, reported Contactmusic.
"The healing power of music is serious. I remember I had a mate called Ian James, just my little teenage mate, school mate, and we used to go down the fairs together and things. "I remember one day I went back to his house and I had a headache, steaming headache, and I thought 'Oh God', but we put on All Shook Up by Elvis. By the time that record had ended I didn't have a headache," he said.
The Get Back hitmaker also said his late bandmate John Lennon's vanity used to cause some amusing mishaps. "He wore horn-rimmed glasses, but any time there was any girls around he'd whip them off, and then he couldn't see a bloody thing, you know, he'd be as blind as a bat.
"One day we were writing together, John and I, it was around Christmas, and he used to come down to me, we'd write in the evening and he'd walk back up to his house, which was like a mile away or something, and he's walking back one night."
"...and I saw him the next day, he said, 'Do you know, those people on that corner of Booker Avenue, they're mad!' He said, 'What time was it when I left you last night?' I said, 'I don't know, about 11.30 or something'. He said, 'Yeah, well I went passed their house and they were out, still playing cards in front of their house'. I said, 'I can't believe it'.
"So I go by there later and it's a nativity scene. You know, Mary and Joseph bent over the baby Jesus. I said 'Get your glasses on, man!'"
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18