Music has healing powers: Paul McCartney
Beatles legend Paul McCartney believes in the healing power of music and says an Elvis Presley song once cured his headache.
London: Beatles legend Paul McCartney believes in the healing power of music and says an Elvis Presley song once cured his headache. The 70-year-old singer said songs have a powerful effect, reported Contactmusic.
"The healing power of music is serious. I remember I had a mate called Ian James, just my little teenage mate, school mate, and we used to go down the fairs together and things. "I remember one day I went back to his house and I had a headache, steaming headache, and I thought 'Oh God', but we put on All Shook Up by Elvis. By the time that record had ended I didn't have a headache," he said.
The Get Back hitmaker also said his late bandmate John Lennon's vanity used to cause some amusing mishaps. "He wore horn-rimmed glasses, but any time there was any girls around he'd whip them off, and then he couldn't see a bloody thing, you know, he'd be as blind as a bat.
"One day we were writing together, John and I, it was around Christmas, and he used to come down to me, we'd write in the evening and he'd walk back up to his house, which was like a mile away or something, and he's walking back one night."
"...and I saw him the next day, he said, 'Do you know, those people on that corner of Booker Avenue, they're mad!' He said, 'What time was it when I left you last night?' I said, 'I don't know, about 11.30 or something'. He said, 'Yeah, well I went passed their house and they were out, still playing cards in front of their house'. I said, 'I can't believe it'.
"So I go by there later and it's a nativity scene. You know, Mary and Joseph bent over the baby Jesus. I said 'Get your glasses on, man!'"
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump