Music industry remembers the magical voice of Reshma
Reshma, credited with songs like 'Dama Dam Mast Kalandar' breathed her last in Lahore Sunday morning.
Mumbai: Names like Amjad Ali Khan and Kavita Krishnamoorthy from the Indian music industry will remember renowned Pakistani folk singer Reshma as a voice with magical powers.
Reshma, credited with songs like "Dama Dam Mast Kalandar" and "Hai O Rabba nahion lagda dil mera", breathed her last in Lahore Sunday morning.
Here's what the celebrities had to say:
Amjad Ali Khan: "May her soul rest in peace. Reshmaji ne duniya ko pyaar aur mohabbat ka sandesh diya (Her songs gave the world a message of love and peace).
Kavita Krishnamoorthy: She was such a truly great singer. Really sad to hear of her death.
Composer duo Sajid-Wajid: Reshmaji's voice had magic. Whenever we hear her song 'Lambi judaai', it feels we are listening to a song at a shrine. It gives immense peace. She had an innocent and pure voice. She was the perfect Sufi folk singer.
Sunidhi Chauhan: She was someone I really looked up to and was very inspired by. Sad that she is gone.
Alka Yagnik: Heartbreaking news. She was one of my favourite singers. Needless to say her soulful voice and songs are immortal. RIP (rest in peace), dearest Reshmaji.
Alisha Chinai: Is she really gone? Her soulful haunting voice will live forever.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310 to be Launched Under Rs 5000: Here’s How it Will Look
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology