Music Review: Jolly LLB doesn't exceed expectation
Overall it's an album which deserves some time from the listener.
Film: 'Jolly LLB'; Music Director: Krsna, Lyricists: Vayu and Subhash Kapoor; Singers: Mika Singh, Shreya Ghoshal, Bappi Lahiri, Kailash Kher, Mohit Chauhan, and Kamal Khan; Rating: ***
Subhash Kapoor's upcoming satirical comedy 'Jolly LLB' promises to be a fun ride with its lead actors - Arshad Warsi and Boman Irani. Krsna of 'Tanu Weds Manu' fame has composed music and impresses in parts.
The album opens with 'Jhoot Boliya', a popular Punjabi folk number that returns with 'Jolly LLB' in its re-jigged avatar. It is not just a definite hit dance number but is also a satire on our democracy. Singer Kamal Khan's voice seems to be in sync with the mood of the track and adds to the fun quota.
'Jhoot Boliya' also has a remixed version, which is at par with the original.
It is followed by 'Daaru peeke naachna', which instantly connects with the crazy lover in you and Mika Singh does a fabulous job in the vocals department once again. A pure Punjabi number, it will get your feet tapping and will be a sure shot winner at wedding celebrations. Shreya Ghoshal surprises by supporting Mika really well in the desi dance number.
A remix solo by Mika Singh also comes along in the album! Hear hear, I say!
The tease of a song that 'Ajnabi' is, it has the potential to become an instant favourite and is one of the finest tracks in the album. Mohit Chauhan and Shreya create a fun conversation between two new lovers. It's a simple and endearing track that touches your heart.
Next up is the film's background score 'Hans ki chaal'. As the name suggests, it is yet another satirical in nature and Kailash Kher spins the track around beautifully on his shoulders. The song with a rustic feel to it, however, fails to register effectively on one's mind despite the quirky lyrics by Subhash Kapoor. Avoid it.
Tailing the album is the much talked about 'Law lag gaye'. Bappi Lahiri's solo goes down the 'Kolaveri' road and has a studio recording video with people from the cast and crew cheering on. Musically speaking, it, however, fails to get cheers from listeners.
'Jolly LLB' highlights how Krsna can smoothly produce music even though the album in its entirety does not really exceed expectations.
Songs like 'Jhoot boliya' and 'Daaru peeke' will lead the album to popularity. Overall it's an album which deserves some time from the listener.
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC: US Calls for De-Escalation of Tension Between India and Pakistan
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18