Norah Jones enthralls Mumbai with maiden Indian gig
Singer and pianist Norah Jones took to stage amidst a cheering crowd at her first live performance in India.
Mumbai: American singer and pianist Norah Jones took to stage amidst a cheering crowd at her first live performance in India, regaling the audience with hits like 'Sunrise' and 'Come Away With Me'.
The multiple Grammy winning daughter of sitar maestro Ravi Shankar performed at the A Summer's Day festival in Mumbai last night.
In her over 90-minute set, the 33-year-old included everything from her biggest hits to songs from her newer albums such as 'Don't Know Why', 'Miriam' and 'Say Goodbye'. She began her set with 'Happy Pills' from her latest album 'Little Broken Hearts', ending with her her biggest hit 'Come Away With Me'.
Norah's performance, as part of her three-city maiden Indian tour, comes about three months after the death of her legendary father.
Mumbai's newest music festival A Summer's Day took place late last evening at Mahalaxmi race course. After Mumbai, Norah will be performing in New Delhi on
March 5 and 6 and Bengaluru on March 8.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology