Pashto singer Ghazala Javed shot dead in Pakistan
The attack took place in Dabgari area when Javed went to a beauty parlour along with her father Mohammad Javed.
New Delhi: Famous Pashto singer Ghazala Javed and her father were shot dead by motorcycle-borne gunmen in Pakistan's Peshawar city, police said.
The attack took place in Dabgari area when Javed went to a beauty parlour along with her father Mohammad Javed on Monday night, the Dawn News reported Tuesday.
Hailing from Swat valley, Javed married around two years ago. Following differences with her husband, she started living with her father.
However, the singer's younger sister, Farhat Bibi, escaped unhurt in the attack. The attackers ran away after the firings.
Ghazala was one of the prominent female singers in her province after a period of Taliban intimidation. Her postmortem report suggests that the singer received six bullets, causing death on the spot.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Samajwadi Party Expels MLC Udayveer Singh, Mulayam Upset With Akhilesh
- Cycle to Motorcycle? How Ram Gopal Yadav's Trip to EC Created a Stir
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18