DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pashto singer Ghazala Javed shot dead in Pakistan
The attack took place in Dabgari area when Javed went to a beauty parlour along with her father Mohammad Javed.
New Delhi: Famous Pashto singer Ghazala Javed and her father were shot dead by motorcycle-borne gunmen in Pakistan's Peshawar city, police said.
The attack took place in Dabgari area when Javed went to a beauty parlour along with her father Mohammad Javed on Monday night, the Dawn News reported Tuesday.
Hailing from Swat valley, Javed married around two years ago. Following differences with her husband, she started living with her father.
However, the singer's younger sister, Farhat Bibi, escaped unhurt in the attack. The attackers ran away after the firings.
Ghazala was one of the prominent female singers in her province after a period of Taliban intimidation. Her postmortem report suggests that the singer received six bullets, causing death on the spot.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Sangakkara Announces Retirement From First Class Cricket