Playlist: Happy b'day Bob Dylan, the free soul
A recording career spanning over 50 years, Bob Dylan has explored everything from blues to folks to jazz.
New Delhi: Born as Robert Allen Zimmerman, American musician Bob Dylan has turned 71 today. A hugely influential figure in American popular culture, Bob Dylan at times is described as one of the key people behind creating a social unrest of early 70s.
Some of his songs such as 'Blowing in the Wind' and 'The Times' were treated as the vocal interpretation of civil rights, and anti-war movements. 'Like a Rolling Stone' was among those songs that changed the worlds for many radical youths.
He was probably the only lyricist who had such a variety of political, social, philosophical, and literary perspectives to offer.
A recording career spanning over 50 years, Dylan has explored everything from blues to folks to jazz.
He rules the hearts of millions of music lovers across the globe, and the awards are recognition of his talent. Each and every award from the Grammy to the Golden Globe to the Academy Award, is in his possession.
The Pulitzer Prize jury in 2008 awarded him a special citation for his impact on popular music. Current US President Barack Obama named Dylan as a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
IBNLive wishes Bob Dylan a happy birthday.
Recommended For You
- BOOM BOOM BECKERTennis Legend Boris Becker to Visit India in December
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- SPIN TO WINIndia vs England: Wankhede Track Will Be Slow Turner, Says MCA Source
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th Episode Featuring Salman Khan is Going to be 'Khantastic'
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked