DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Russell is into Hinduism: Katy Perry
Singer Katy Perry says she is gravitating towards meditation because of husband Russell Brand.
Los Angeles: Singer Katy Perry says she is gravitating towards meditation because of husband Russell Brand, who is into Hinduism.
Brand, who married Perry in India last year, even sought the blessing of a Hindu guru before the wedding. Perry, who had a strict Christian upbringing, says she is very accepting and that's one of the things that keeps their marriage going.
"I come from a very non-accepting family, but I'm very accepting. Russell is into Hinduism, and I'm not really involved in it. He meditates in the morning and the evening and I'm starting to do it more because it really centers me," Perry said in an interview with Vogue magazine.
"But I just let him be him, and he lets me be me," added the 26-year-old.
Perry, however, still regrets not having a normal childhood because of her strict parents.
"I did not have a childhood. I was always scared I was going to get bombed when I was there. I have always been the kid who's asked 'Why?' In my faith, you're just supposed to have faith," she said.
Recommended For You
- Kohli, Dhoni Headline Premiere of Sachin - A Billion Dreams
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish