DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Shakira donates $400,900 to rebuild Haiti school
The singer pledged to rebuild the Elie Dubois school in Port-au-Prince
London: Singer Shakira has reportedly donated $400,900 to rebuild a school damaged in an earthquake in Haiti.
The "Hips Don't Lie" hit-maker had pledged to rebuild the Elie Dubois school in Port-au-Prince shortly after the disaster hit the country in January 2010. Her Barefoot Foundation will team up with the Architecture for Humanity charity in the endeavour.
"I'm convinced the key to achieve a dignified future for the Haitian people is through education," dailystar.co.uk quoted her as saying.
"I'd like to say to the girls that this is an enormous opportunity that life is offering you - education. So make the most of it because I'm sure you can achieve any of your dreams," she said.
Shakira visited Haiti earlier this week and announced a deal with the Inter-American Development Bank, which will match her donation to rebuild the education facility.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh