Singer Madonna joins the billionaire club
'Material Girl' Madonna has become a member of billion dollar club thanks to a very successful MDNA world tour.
New York: 'Material Girl' Madonna has become a member of billion dollar club thanks to a very successful MDNA world tour.
The 54-year-old singer clinched the top spot through different business deals last year that pushed her net worth past USD 1 billion.
She was named the pop's top earner in 2012 thanks to her record-breaking MDNA tour that grossed a whopping USD 305,158,363. She also made USD 75 million in merchandise sales during her 88 shows around the world and raked in USD 10 million in TV rights and DVD sales from her tour, the New York Post reported quoting gossip website Naughty But Nice Rob.
Last year was the most successful year of her career financially with two million people watching her tour.
Madonna also has investments in a perfume range, clothing line and health drink. It is also estimated that she will earn USD 10 million in 2013 from her 'Material Girl' clothing line, shoe line and upcoming Macy's lingerie line.
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage