Singer Madonna joins the billionaire club
'Material Girl' Madonna has become a member of billion dollar club thanks to a very successful MDNA world tour.
New York: 'Material Girl' Madonna has become a member of billion dollar club thanks to a very successful MDNA world tour.
The 54-year-old singer clinched the top spot through different business deals last year that pushed her net worth past USD 1 billion.
She was named the pop's top earner in 2012 thanks to her record-breaking MDNA tour that grossed a whopping USD 305,158,363. She also made USD 75 million in merchandise sales during her 88 shows around the world and raked in USD 10 million in TV rights and DVD sales from her tour, the New York Post reported quoting gossip website Naughty But Nice Rob.
Last year was the most successful year of her career financially with two million people watching her tour.
Madonna also has investments in a perfume range, clothing line and health drink. It is also estimated that she will earn USD 10 million in 2013 from her 'Material Girl' clothing line, shoe line and upcoming Macy's lingerie line.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut