Singer Mika Singh detained at Mumbai airport
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession.
Mumbai: Bollywood singer Mika Singh was on Wednesday detained at the international airport in Mumbai for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit. Mika, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline around 7:30 pm, was intercepted by customs officials.
During checking, he was found in possession of $12,000 and Rs 3 lakh in cash, a senior Customs official said. As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and $5,000 need to make declaration about the same upon arrival, he said.
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession, the official said, adding his statement was being recorded.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump