Singer Mika Singh detained at Mumbai airport
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession.
Mumbai: Bollywood singer Mika Singh was on Wednesday detained at the international airport in Mumbai for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit. Mika, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline around 7:30 pm, was intercepted by customs officials.
During checking, he was found in possession of $12,000 and Rs 3 lakh in cash, a senior Customs official said. As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and $5,000 need to make declaration about the same upon arrival, he said.
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession, the official said, adding his statement was being recorded.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna