Singer Mika Singh detained at Mumbai airport
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession.
Mumbai: Bollywood singer Mika Singh was on Wednesday detained at the international airport in Mumbai for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit. Mika, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline around 7:30 pm, was intercepted by customs officials.
During checking, he was found in possession of $12,000 and Rs 3 lakh in cash, a senior Customs official said. As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and $5,000 need to make declaration about the same upon arrival, he said.
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession, the official said, adding his statement was being recorded.
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'