Singer Mika Singh detained at Mumbai airport
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession.
Mumbai: Bollywood singer Mika Singh was on Wednesday detained at the international airport in Mumbai for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit. Mika, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline around 7:30 pm, was intercepted by customs officials.
During checking, he was found in possession of $12,000 and Rs 3 lakh in cash, a senior Customs official said. As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and $5,000 need to make declaration about the same upon arrival, he said.
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession, the official said, adding his statement was being recorded.
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Kangana Ranaut wished to make a film on sister, acid attack survivor Rangoli's life
- Delhi: Street kids celebrate Diwali, spread message of harmony
- Shivaay Movie Review: Live
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- We All Felt Golmaal 2 Was a Crap Film: Ajay Devgn