Usher, Shakira to join NBC's 'Voice' in spring
Usher and Shakira are joining 'The Voice' as new coaches next spring, when Aguilera and Green take a break.
Los Angeles: Usher and Shakira are joining 'The Voice' as new coaches next spring, when Christina Aguilera and CeeLo Green take a break from the show, said NBC. Original coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will remain on board in season four, the network said. The singing contest began airing its third season last week.
Aguilera is going on the road to support her new album, while Green is developing new music and a sitcom based on his life for NBC. "As I have expressed since Day One of the show... I am a singer and performer first and I am so excited to get back to that love," Aguilera said in a statement. But she expressed eagerness about returning to "The Voice" in the future.
So did Green, who said he'll be back for season five. In the meantime, he invited Usher and Shakira to make themselves at home. The Voice started as a midseason show and then added a fall cycle after posting solid ratings for NBC. The network's entertainment chief, Bob Greenblatt, said that created a time crunch for the coaches, and that NBC was glad to help Aguilera and Green take time from the program.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology