Watch: World's Largest Rock Band Smashes Guinness Record In China
Image Courtesy: Getty Images
Beijing: A new Guinness World record has been set for the largest performing rock band in China where an ear-splitting 953 musicians played a show together - almost twice the previous record.
In total there were six different music sections to the enormous band, including 349 singers, 154 guitarists, 151 drummers, 101 bassists, 100 keyboard players and 98 wind instruments.
In order to achieve the Guinness World Records title, the performance had to be of a good standard and conducted by an experienced professional.
The 953-person rock band from The Beijing Contemporary Music Academy was led by renowned singer-songwriter Cui Jian, who is often called the Father of Chinese Rock thanks to being one of the first Chinese artists to record rock music.
Guinness World Records officials Tina Shi and Dong Cheng were on hand to judge the incredible attempt, and announced that the previous record of 520 musicians had been almost doubled.
The previous record was set by a 520-strong band comprising 121 drummers, 62 keyboardists, 168 guitarists, 97 singers and 72 bass players, who played 7 Nation Army by The White Stripes, among other well-known tracks, on 23 Jun 2013.
That event was organised by Association Music Revolution in France.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits