British Athletes Celebrate Rio Olympics Success in London
Britain Olympics - Team GB Homecoming Parade. (Reuters)
London: British Olympians and Paralympians marked their successful run at the Rio Games at a celebration in London's Trafalgar Square on Tuesday.
Crowds attending the "Heroes Return" event waved flags and cheered when athletes such as gold medallists boxer Nicola Adams and gymnast Max Whitlock took to the stage in the central London square.
"Team GB" won 67 medals in Rio de Janeiro, including 27 gold, coming in second in the medals table after the United States. The "Paralympics GB" team won 147 medals, including 64 gold, and came in second after China.
"Team GB and Paralympics GB, you smashed it," London mayor Sadiq Khan told the athletes at the event. "We are now a sporting superpower."
On Monday, the athletes took part in a street parade in the city of Manchester.
Recommended For You
- Ajinkya Rahane Just Walked Out & Said I Will Dominate: KL Rahul
- Magneti Marelli CEO Pietro Gorlier Talks About the Future of AMT in India
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Half Girlfriend First Look: Arjun Kapoor- Shraddha Kapoor are Drenched in Love
- Sachin Tendulkar Euphoric After India Beat Australia in Dharamsala