Indian Boxing Council Inducted in WBO
New Delhi: The Indian Boxing Council, a licensing body for the country's professional boxers, has been inducted into the World Boxing Organisation with voting rights in the WBO's annual convention at Puerto Rico.
IBC President Brig. PKM Raja attended the meet in which the Indian body was welcomed into the fold by WBO founder Chairman Luis Batista Salas.
"I am extremely delighted that Indian Boxing Council has been formally welcomed into the WBO fold. This paves the way for Indian Boxers to participate in WBO Events and be eligible to compete for WBO Asia Pacific as well as WBO World Titles," Brig. Raja told PTI over phone.
"It was a momentous occasion for me as President of IBC, when many prominent Boxing Promoters from Asia, Europe, America and Africa congratulated me immediately after the WBO announcement and expressed their keen interest to join hands with Indian Boxing Council for the promotion of Professional Boxing in India," he added.
The convention was also attended by Neerav Tomar, Managing Director and CEO of Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS), which is the India promoter of star boxer Vijender Singh.
Vijender is the reigning WBO Asia-Pacific super middleweight champion.
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- UP Police to Celebrate Diwali at Old Age Homes, Orphanages
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- We All Felt Golmaal 2 Was a Crap Film: Ajay Devgn