Kabaddi World Cup 2016: India Take on 'RSS' on October 18
England Kabaddi Team. (HSS Facebook Page)
Ahmedabad: It might seem weird but the Indian team will come up against 'Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh' in their Kabaddi World Cup Group A clash on October 18.
At the ongoing Kabaddi World Cup in Ahmedabad where 12 counties are taking part, England have as many as 6 players who are part of the UK RSS group.
In England, RSS goes by the name of 'Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh' and the volunteer organisation put a picture of the players on social media, congratulating them on their selection into the squad.
Apart from skipper Someshwar Kalia, the organisation also sent their best wishes to Jay Depala, Tejas Depala, Akash Sood, Yuvraj Pandey and Keshav Gupta, who are supposedly also part of the UK based RSS.
England lost to Bangladesh convincingly in their opening clash of the competition but they have now set their eyes firmly on the blockbuster clash against the mighty hosts.
"6 of us are part of the HSS back in England and we started playing kabaddi there itself. We are proud of being associated with 'Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh' but as we are born and brought up in England, we will give out all for our country against India", said captain Someshwar Kalia.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story