Mary Kom to Receive 'Legends Award' from International Boxing Association
New Delhi: Celebrated Indian boxer M C Mary Kom is all set to add another honour to her glittering career when she receives the 'Legends Award' from the International Boxing Association (AIBA) on its 70th anniversary on December 20.
An Olympic bronze-medallist and a five-time world champion, Mary Kom is also a Rajya Sabha MP now.
"I would like to thank the AIBA President and officials for this prestigious award. This recognition from AIBA will encourage young boxers in our country to work hard. It is a very emotional as well as a motivating day for me," Mary Kom said reacting to the honour.
"Even after so many years, if people remember you and your achievements it shows their generosity and love towards me. Thank you once again for this award, its a memory I would cherish for my lifetime," she added.
AIBA is celebrating its 70th Anniversary on December 20 during which it will present the award to Mary Kom.
Mary Kom is also a multiple-time Asian champion and was named an AIBA brand ambassador during the World Championships earlier this year.
Recommended For You
- Ravi Shastri To Apply For India Coach Job, Has BCCI Assured Him Post?
- Nawazuddin Opens Up About His Struggles, Looks and Manto's Impact
- 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift Review: A Charming Drive, For Drivers and Drivens Alike
- Sridevi Opens Up About Rejecting Baahubali, Rajamouli's Comments
- VIVO Retains IPL Title Sponsorship With Rs 2199 Crore Bid