Olympic Champion Eliud Kipchoge To Run Airtel Delhi Half Marathon
Eliud Kipchoge. (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Kenyas Rio Olympic marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge is all set to participate in the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, to be held on November 20.
Kipchoge has put together a winning streak of seven successive marathons and is unbeaten over the classic distance in the last three years.
However, the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon will be his first outing over a shorter distance since he finished sixth at the Ras Al Khaimah Half Marathon in February 2015.
Commenting about the upcoming marathon, Kipchoge said: "It's six years down the line since the Commonwealth Games were held in Delhi, where I got the silver medal in the 5000m. I have great memories of my last visit to India and now I am ready to come back in a different capacity as a road racer."
"India is one of the world's biggest hubs of technology and business but I am looking forward to visiting the country and once again experiencing competitive sport in India," he added.
Airtel Delhi half marathon is India's leading road race over the Half Marathon distance since it was inaugurated in 2005 and it is renowned among the world's top distance runners for its fast course, which has seen seven of the last eight men's races won under 60 minutes.
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly