Shooter Sanjeev Rajput Disappoints at ISSF World Cup Finals
With absolutely nothing to separate Gagan Narang and Rajput in 3-Position event, the NRAI should have asked Narang to step aside from the third event and accommodate Rajput who had fought hard after a tough period. (Getty Images)
Bologna, Italy: Veteran Indian shooter Sanjeev Rajput ended his International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup Finals campaign in the Men's Rifle 3 Positions event in 10th place, falling short of qualifying for the eight-man final with a score of 1161.
The season-ending ISSF competition which brings together the year's best shooters in every event and in an Olympic year, the medallists at the Games as well, concluded on Sunday.
Sanjeev was in the qualifying spot after the end of the first 60 shots in the Kneeling and Prone positions.
But a poor Standing series of 30 shots saw him being forced out of a place in the final.
The Shotgun leg of the ISSF World Cup Finals, where India will be represented by Mairaj Ahmad Khan in the Men's Skeet, is scheduled to be held in Rome from October 10-16.
Recommended For You
- D-DAY POSTPONEDSupreme Court Adjourns BCCI-Lodha Panel Verdict Till Friday
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th Episode Featuring Salman Khan is Going to be 'Khantastic'
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet