10-ft-long cobra caught from Kerala Assembly complex
According to expert snake-catcher Suresh, the cobra could have entered the complex through the drainage pipes at least 10 days ago.
Thiruvananthapuram: A 10-feet-long cobra has been caught from the library of the Kerala Assembly complex here by a snake-catcher after the staff alerted him about the presence of the deadly reptile in the place frequented by lawmakers.
The cobra was caught unharmed by the popular snake-catcher of the state Vava Suresh from under a book stack after tracing it for about an hour last evening.
Though the House was in session, the legislators missed the sight of the "infiltrator" as the day's business had been concluded by noon yesterday.
However, the snake and its catcher had a 'photo op' with Speaker G Karthikeyan who arrived on the spot to have a look at the uninvited guest that stealthily made its way into the high security complex.
The library staff said they first came across the skin shed by the cobra. They then informed the Speaker of the matter, who, in turn suggested utilising the services of Suresh to have the entire area searched to find if the snake was still there.
According to Suresh, an expert in the ways of various types of local snakes, the cobra could have entered the complex through the drainage pipes chasing rats, at least 10 days ago.
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Can Xiaomi Redo its âMi Band Magicâ For Air Purifiers in India?
- Xiaomi Will Now Help Indian Startups With Its 'Crowdfunding' Platform