15 dip hands in hot oil to prove loyalty to political leader
It is a superstition followed in the village to convince a candidate of their community that they voted for him.
Sabarkantha: Fifteen persons received burn injuries after they dipped their hands in hot oil to convince a candidate, who lost in panchayat elections, that they had voted for him, police said on Tuesday. The candidate, identified as Girish Parmar, has been detained, police said.
The incident took place at Derai village of Bayad taluka on Tuesday evening after counting of votes for the district panchayat, gram panchayat and nagarpalika elections got over. "Fifteen persons received injuries after they dipped their hands in hot oil to prove to the lost candidate of their community that they had voted for him. We have already nabbed the candidate," Sabarkantha Superintendent of Police Chirag Koradiya said.
"We will lodge a complaint against the candidate though none of the persons, who received injuries, is coming forward to register the complaint as they all belong to one community," he said. "This is a superstition followed in the village to convince a candidate of their community that they voted for him," he added.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?