15 dip hands in hot oil to prove loyalty to political leader
It is a superstition followed in the village to convince a candidate of their community that they voted for him.
Sabarkantha: Fifteen persons received burn injuries after they dipped their hands in hot oil to convince a candidate, who lost in panchayat elections, that they had voted for him, police said on Tuesday. The candidate, identified as Girish Parmar, has been detained, police said.
The incident took place at Derai village of Bayad taluka on Tuesday evening after counting of votes for the district panchayat, gram panchayat and nagarpalika elections got over. "Fifteen persons received injuries after they dipped their hands in hot oil to prove to the lost candidate of their community that they had voted for him. We have already nabbed the candidate," Sabarkantha Superintendent of Police Chirag Koradiya said.
"We will lodge a complaint against the candidate though none of the persons, who received injuries, is coming forward to register the complaint as they all belong to one community," he said. "This is a superstition followed in the village to convince a candidate of their community that they voted for him," he added.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer