DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
15 injured in CPM-TMC clash in West Bengal
Both CPM and TMC have lodged police complaints against each other.
Cooch Behar: Around 15 people were injured when supporters of CPM and Trinamool Congress (TMC) clashed and latter's party office was burnt down at Tufanganj sub-division of the district, police sources said on Saturday.
The clash between the supporters of the two rival parties took place when CPM supporters were going in a procession to attend a rally addressed by the party's Politburo member Brinda Karat at Chilakhana High School ground on Friday, the sources said.
CPM sources alleged that TMC activists attacked their procession which was on its way to attend the rally. TMC sources refuted the CPM allegations and instead alleged that CPM supporters burnt down their party office and attacked their activists.
Both the parties have lodged police complaints against each other.
Brinda Karat on Saturday told reporters that she has lodged a complaint with the Election Commission, the District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police about Friday's clash and about inadequate security arrangements.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Mobbed By Fans After India Beat Kiwis
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi