2 Cong leaders join BJP in poll-bound Uttarakhand
The Assembly election in Uttrakhand will be held on January 30 for 70 seats.
New Delhi: Two Congress leaders in Uttarakhand including Haldwani municipality Chairperson Renu Adhikari along with their supporters on Sunday joined the BJP ahead of Assembly elections in the state to be held on January 30.
Barkha Rani is the other Congress leader who joined the the BJP in the presence of party in-charge for Uttarakhand Rajnath Singh, Chief Minister BC Khanduri, Bhagat Singh Koshiyari and other senior leaders.
Rani was earlier an office bearer in the Haridwar unit of the party.
A large number of Congress workers have expressed their willingness to join the BJP, Singh told reporters after welcoming them into the party fold.
Singh also said the party will soon finalise the list of candidates for the forthcoming Assembly elections in the hill state.
"We are hoping to finalise the list of majority of the candidates for the assembly polls after meeting of party's Central Election Committee (CEC)," BJP in-charge for Uttarakhand Rajnath Singh said.
Asked if the Party would field its sitting MLAs in the elections, Singh said all the decisions in this regard would be taken by the party's CEC.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali