2003 defamation case: Digvijaya records statement in court
The case pertains to the defamation suit he had filed against former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Uma Bharti in 2003.
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Tuesday recorded his statement in a local court in connection with a defamation case he had filed against former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Uma Bharti in 2003. However, due to paucity of time, the process and his cross examination by the defence lawyer remained incomplete.
Chief judicial magistrate RP Sonkar fixed December 17 as the next date of hearing. Singh had filed a defamation suit against Bharti for allegedly levelling baseless charges that he had earned Rs 15,000 crore during his tenure as chief minister and also published the same in a BJP magazine.
The Congress leader said that because of these allegations, his image was badly damaged and claimed that the BJP levelled these charges against him to gain political mileage.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology