22 govt employees suspended for missing poll duty
The election authorities have suspended 22 govt employees for remaining absent from ongoing Panchayat polls.
Srinagar: The election authorities in south Kashmir's Anatnag district have suspended 22 government employees for allegedly remaining absent from election duty during the ongoing Panchayat polls in the state.
"The District Panchayat Election Officer Anantnag has suspended 22 government employees of various departments for unauthorisedly abstaining from election duty," an official spokesman said in Srinagar on Saturday.
He said the employees were suspended on Friday after the election officer took note of their absence.
The spokesman said the employees had been appointed as Presiding and Polling officers for the ongoing Panchayat elections and were supposed to impart necessary training to other poll staff. The absence of officers had caused lot of inconvenience during the election process.
The concerned Sectoral Officers have been asked to charge sheet the suspended employees separately and furnish the same to their District Panchayat Election Office within a week s time.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology