2G: judicial custody of Raja, 3 others extended
Raja was arrested by the CBI along with Behura and Chandolia on February 2
New Delhi: The judicial custody of former Telecom Minister A Raja and three other accused in the 2G spectrum case was extended till March 31 by a Delhi court on Thursday.
Raja along with Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura, Raja's former personal secretary R K Chandolia and Swan telecom promoter Shahid Balwa are lodged in the Tihar Jail in Delhi.
The four were slated to appear before Special CBI Judge O P Saini through video-conferencing. But, due to technical glitches in the video conferencing system linking Tihar Jail and Patiala Court complex, they were produced before the judge in person.
The judge extended the judicial custody of Raja and three others on a plea by the CBI which contended that the probe into the case was yet to be completed. The investigating agency also submitted that the accused are "highly
influential" and could tamper with evidence if released at this stage of investigation.
"All the four accused are remanded to judicial custody till March 31," the judge said.
Raja was arrested by the CBI along with Behura and Chandolia on February 2, while Balwa was arrested from Pune on February 8.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines